- 2004 - U.S. Patent Application filed "Apparatus and Method for Correcting Urinary Incontinence" inventor(s): Sam W. Drager
- 2005 - Dennis J. Dannemiller, MBA, with commercialization experience joins Drager.
- 2008 - John (Jack) B. Devine II, M.D., FACOG female pelvic and bladder reconstructive surgeon joins Drager and Dannemiller.
- 2009 - The company was formed as 3D Urologic dba.
- 2009 - Stanley E. Rittgers, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus BioMedical Engineering (The University of Akron)- specialty biofluids joins Drager, Dannemiller and Devine.
- 2010 - U.S. Patent 7,666,133 issued "Apparatus and Method for Correcting Urinary Incontinence" inventor(s): Sam W. Drager
- 2013 - 3D Urologic, LLC formally registered and incorporated in The State of Ohio (entity #2248973).
- 2013 - Kirby J. Harder, Jr., an engineer with extensive prototyping, mechanical and electrical devices, and control systems experience joins Drager, Dannemiller, Devine and Rittgers.
- 2014 - Redesigned implant based upon input from stakeholders to optimize implant's form, fit, and function; identified biocompatible biomaterials (medical grade silicone rubber & PEKK), both with existing FDA Master Files; identified best processing technologies to mold implant.
- 2015 - U.S. Patent Application filed "Urinary Flow Control Device and Method"
- 2015 - Artificial Urethra Compression Testing Apparatus designed and testing achieves >25,000 open/close compression cycles.
Estimated Years of Use: 4x/day voiding = 17 years 6x/day voiding = 11 years
Implanted in 40 year old: Estimated usefulness through ages 51-57
- 2016 - Assembled product development consortium (i.e. urologic regulatory, non-human pre-clinical trials, ISO 13485:2003 certified molder with ISO 7 compliant clean room or controlled environment room, unrestrictive medical grade silicone rubber OEM, urologic surgery reimbursement coding specialist) to supplement company's team to advance product through next steps of product development.
- 2016 - Michael D. Serene, M.D., FACS, recently retired Department Chair Urology at Akron General Medical Center (now Cleveland Clinic) brings decades of experience with male urological patients which compliment Dr. Devine's female urology expertise and joins Drager, Dannemiller, Devine, Rittgers and Harder.
- 2016 - Poster Presentation "A Novel New Approach to Treatment of Catastrophic Urinary Dysfunction" at U.S. Military Health System Research Symposium (MHSRS) in Orlando, FL by authors Devine, Rittgers and Serene
- 2017 - U.S. Patent 9,707,068 issued "Urinary Flow Control Device and Method" inventor(s): Sam W. Drager, John (Jack) B. Devine II, M.D., Dennis J. Dannemiller, MBA, Stanley E. Rittgers, Ph.D., and Kirby J. Harder Jr.
- 2017 - Artificial Urethra Compression Testing Apparatus testing achieves >125,000 open/close compression cycles
Estimated Years of Use: 4x/day voiding = 85 years 6x/day voiding = 57 years
Implanted in 40 year old: Estimated usefulness through ages 97-125
Average life expectancy in USA: 87 (males) and 89 (females)
- 2018 - Pursuing product development funding to get through non-human pre-clinical trials.
- 2018 - Website development in progress to communicate with stakeholders and marketplace.